This is a really yummy Strawberry Cake. Sweet fresh Strawberries are the star in this lite cake and the whipped cream lemon frosting gives a refreshing touch. Your family and friends will love this delicious summer cake.
Recipe was inspired by NatashasKitchen.
Ingredients for cake:
***Makes two 9” round cakes or one 9×13 Rectangular cake
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
Whipped Cream Frosting:
1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
1cup Sour cream
1 (8oz) pack cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
2.5 lbs. fresh Strawberries (set aside 1lb strawberries for decoration)
1 (17oz) pack of Ladyfingers for decoration (optional)
1 can Glaze for Strawberries
Directions for the cake:
Step by step Instructions with Pictures How to Make Perfect Sponge Cake- Russian Biskvit Cake – Бисквит you can find HERE:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray with cooking spray two 9” round non-stick baking dishes. Line the bottoms with a circle of parchment (baking) paper (cut to fit). Set aside.
In separate bowl combine flour and baking powder; sift.
With electric mixer on medium- high speed beat the eggs for 2-3 minutes. Gradually add sugar and beat for about 4-5 minutes.
Carefully add 1/3 of the flour mixture and with rubber spatula fold in slowly so the batter stays fluffy. Continue until you finish adding the flour and it will get well incorporated.
Make sure to NOT over fold it.
Split the batter into the baking dishes and bake until it get golden brown for about 25-30 minutes.
Check if the cake is ready with a tooth pick, if nothing sticks to it, it is done. Remove cakes from the oven. Run a thin knife around the inside of the pan to loosen the cake;
Place a wire rack on top of the cakes and invert. Slowly lift off the parchment paper. Turn the cake back over onto the rack and let cool.
Directions for Strawberry Sauce:
Cut 1.5 lbs. washed strawberries in half;
Puree in the blender or food processor. Set aside.
Directions for Whipped Cream frosting/ filling:
Beat together cream cheese and sugar powder until creamy, for about 1-2 minutes.
Add sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat for another minute.
Gradually add heavy cream and beat until fluffy for about 3-4 minutes.
Assembling the cake:
Cut each sponge cake in half horizontally. (total you’ll have 4 layers).
Place one cake layer on a flat serving dish spread about 4-5 Tablespoon of Strawberry sauce.
Then place another cake layer on top of the frosting.
Repeat the steps until you finish the layers.
Apply rest of the frosting to the top and sides of the cake.
Place ladyfingers cookies on the sides of the cake until it’s all covered.
Dip strawberries in the glaze and decorate top
- 1 12-lb turkey
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cajun seasonings
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 oven bag
- The night before: Thoroughly rinse turkey inside and out, and remove any giblets that may be inside the cavity. Pat turkey dry very thoroughly with paper towels. In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Using your fingers, separate the skin from the breast gently, being careful not to tear the skin. This will create a space to rub with mayonnaise mixture.
- Spread some of the mayonnaise mixture with your hands beneath the skin in the pocket you created and then pull the skin back in place. Rub the entire outside of the bird evenly with remaining mayonnaise mixture with your fingers. Cover with plastic and let turkey marinate overnight in the refrigerator. The day of your party just place turkey in the oven bag. Seal bag and with a knife make a one inch hole on top of the bag and put the bird in the preheated 325 F oven
- Roast the turkey 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature of the thigh meat reaches 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Carefully cut the side of the bag and get all the juices from the bottom to make the most delicious easy gravy. Enjoy!!!