This creamy tomato soup is the perfect soup to welcome Autumn with. This soup will have your kids asking for seconds. A bowl filled with so much flavor that nature has to offer. The perfect batch is made with roasted garden tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- 3 pounds fresh garden tomatoes, cut in half ( I used heirloom)
- 2 Bell peppers – cut in circles
- 2 medium carrots- cut in circles
- 1 medium onion- sliced
- 8-10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- ½ cup packed basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup heavy cream for a creamy texture
- Parmesan cheese, for a tangy, flavor enhancing flavor
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place halved tomatoes, pepper circles, carrot circles, sliced onion, basil leaves and garlic cloves on the baking sheet and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Generously season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Once vegetables are done roasting, allow them to cool for 10 minutes, then add them to a food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- After blending, transfer to a pot, turn to medium low heat and add in oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add heavy cream and allow tomato soup to simmer 10 minutes before serving. To serve, garnish with parmesan cheese and serve with grilled cheese, if desired.