Creamy mixture of cream cheese and sour cream, fresh dill- topped with thin slices of radish and caviar give these appetizers a distinct flavor.
In a mixer bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, fresh chopped dill and pepper mix them well until smooth texture.
Arrange crackers or bread on a serving tray. Pipe or spread each cracker with cream cheese mixture. Top with a spoonful of Red Caviar, one slice radish and cucumber and sprig of dill. Serve.
Russian Farmer’s Cheese Cake (Zapekanka) Творожная Запеканка
Category Breakfast Dessert Russian Uncategorized
This popular Russian classic Farmer’s Cheese Breakfast Cake has a creamy, cheesy and delicious
flavor and super smooth texture; which is an absolute childhood favorite for many Slavic
people. It’s a typical breakfast or simple dessert with tea, served with dollop of smetana (sour
cream) and a spoon of jam or honey.
There are many variations of Zapekanka but here is my recipe for a perfect one.
1 hour, 5 minutes
- 2 cups Tvorog (Farmer's cheese) or Ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs Splash of Vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Semolina
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- Pinch of Salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line and grease the bottom of 8 inch springform baking pan with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with pinch of salt until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, smooth cottage cheese with a folk or electric mixer; add sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, extract, melted butter, sour cream and semolina; mix well.
- Add beaten egg whites and gently mix to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and bake for about 1 hr.
- Let it cool completely. Serve with sour cream and your favorite jam.
I love these! 🙂 We often serve similar treats in my family at home, and once my parents brought home caviar from Russia that was just amazing!
Thank you Kiri.
Wow.. what a pretty appetizer!! Can I tell you, I’ve never tried caviar. I know.. where have I been? 🙂 They look lovely like little gems on your cream cheese. Lovely pictures! Have a great weekend! ~ Ramona
So gorgeous and so chic chic! Buzzed 🙂
Lovely recipe ! Looks so tempting !
aaaaw caviar….so tempting!!! very nice appetizer!
Oh my! These look simply wonderful!!
Looks wonderful. Great appetizer!
Thank you. Easy to make, great appetizer.
OMG!!!! This is simply superb and lovely. Since I don’t fancy caviar as somehow I can’t digest it, I will do without it.